I am starting a new football league. I have been out of the commissioner business for a few years now, but am a vet when it comes to running leagues. I've run football leagues, baseball leagues, basketball leagues, and hockey leagues. I am currently running cards and dice leagues in football and hockey using a different game, but am ready for a computer league.
This league will begin with the latest release of the game (2017 football), and the 2016 season rosters.
It will feature the following:
1. You select a team (first come, first served). I'm taking the Cowboys. Lifelong Cowboys fan. Obviously a good time for me to jump back in.
2. You can retain 10 players from that team - the rest are released into the draft. This allows, theoretically, for a team to retain half of its starting identity from the offense and defense.
3. We will draft the rest until our rosters are complete.
4. All games will be played via the internet.
5. I would love to have all of the team slots filled, but I will start with as few as 20.
All of the rest of the league's features will be voted on, once our team slots are filled. Things like, do we want to cut down rosters each year to a certain number? Or, do we want to try and manage a league via a salary system? Etc. Etc.
If you desire to jump into a new league, be a part from the ground up, take your favorite (or 2nd or 3rd favorite) team by getting in early.
Here is your opportunity. Respond in this thread or send me a message.